Web Application I'm aiming to build a web application that can provide several bits of info:
- Searchable database of products (software, hardware, etc).
- Dates for those products going end of sale and support.
- What the options are for replacements, with community input into this part.
- What the issues are when migrating between certain systems, hopefully based on users experiences.
- Ability for users to keep a list of products they are interested in.
- Reporting and alerting of users products
- Where can I buy those products and how much do they cost?
- Who can provide training on those products.
- Who can come and install them for me.
The site blog will also contain some articles on various aspects of building the app, discussions on support issues, obsolescence issues and anything else that comes to mind. I'm tempted to put up a forum but don't want to spend my life fighting off spam bots, so will see how things go.
Feel free to drop us a note with your views, you can contact us via comments on this blog or alternately:
email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter - @EndOfSupport
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/endofsupport
Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/company/end-of-support
Thanks for visiting and hopefully you'll find this a useful resource.